Initial Preparation : 3 – 6 Months Before Moving Day
1. Determine the company’s budget for the move.
2. Confirm the number of employees that will be moving.
3. Acquire floor plans for your old and new offices.
4. Create an office floor plan for your new location.
5. Decide whether or not you want to have employees pack their work areas.
6. Contact your current and proposed building management and go over any moving rules or regulations and requirements.
7. Contact a Professional Office Moving Company.
8. Acquire at least 3 moving quotes.
9. Research each company.
10. Make sure that you are using a certified moving company.
11. Review your moving insurance options.
12. Once you’ve selected a company, make a reservation with them ASAP.
Near-Term Preparation : 1 – 2 Months Before Moving Day
1. Meet with all employees to review the move and go over responsibilities and procedures.
2. Contact building and utility services and make arrangements for telephone, internet and trash services to be transferred and set up at your new property, if needed.
3. Notify all affected and interested parties about your move.
4. Update Just Dial, Indiamart Listings.
5. Notify Post Office
6. Update Advertising
7. Work with Your Art Department (stationery, business cards, signs, etc)
8. Update ROC, State and Local business registrations dept.
9. Update your Website
10. Purchase moving/packing supplies if you are planning on doing your own packing. This list should include: boxes, paper, tape, markers and label. NJ Relocations packer and mover packer and mover offers free delivery for all packing materials and supplies.
2-3 Days Before Moving Day
1. Distribute labels, cartons, and packing materials supplied by the moving company and begin packing non-essential items.
2. Compile an inventory list. Organize this by room/office and boxes within the room. Make note of every piece of furniture, artwork, and miscellaneous items. Include your technology equipment that will be relocated as well.
3. Label all furniture and items to be moved.
4. When your floor plan is labeled and ready. Name the rooms/offices and label everything being moved with its destination room. This will increase the efficiency of the unloading process. 5. Make sure that everything is packed into labeled boxes.
6. Make sure the furniture is labeled and accessible to the movers. 7. Double check to make sure that utility services have been taken care of.
8. Arrange parking and elevator reservations, if required, at both the point of origin and the destination.
9. If the movers are handling your technology equipment, be sure that all units are backed up, powered down, and ready for transit.
1. Coordinate with the building engineers to make sure the loading dock is ready and the elevators have their protective padding in place.
2. Meet the moving crew at the point of origin.
3. Provide copies of floor plans to everyone.
4. Be on hand to answer any questions from the movers.
5. Make sure all pathways and clear and safe.
6. Clean up the old office as you go.
7. If you are doing your own packing, follow your office moving checklist to account for everything. Try to being unpacking before your full staff comes back to work to make the environment more welcoming.
8. Have an open box for last minute items. We like to call this the ‘NOW’ box. It should be the last box out and the first box in. Put things like the remotes, keys, some common hand tools and any nuts and bolts, screws and any other loose parts that you will need right away at the new place.
9. Think about all of the great things that you will say about how well your move went and what a good job NJ Relocations packer and mover packer and mover did for you!
Contact Us for a FREE Office Move Estimate
Call us at 704 565 3713 to discuss your office move. Our expertise will help guide you to a smooth and worry-free move. We’ll provide you with a free estimate so you know exactly what to expect from our first call to various points as your move day approaches. We’ll get you there.